Everything you need to know about the six essential areas of your business or organisation.
BUSINESS ESSENTIALS SERIES
Running a business is like being Captain of a ship. You’ll need to be clear and make a plan for the trip.
- What will you be doing?
- What will you need?
- Who do you need?
- Where are you going?
- How will you know when you get there?
- How much will it cost?
Like a Town Crier, your marketing spreads your message far and wide. Make sure it reaches (and convinces) the right people.
- Who are your customers?
- What do you know about them and their needs?
- How will you reach them?
- How will you know how well each activity works?
Miss Chatterbox listens then talks to close the sale. Make sure you know how to close!
- How do you convert an enquiry into money in the bank?
- What is your conversion rate – and can you improve it?
- Is your team all on the same page?
- Is your marketing pre-qualifying your leads?
The Technician makes things function smoothly. Ensure your processes are working well for you and your customers.
- Are your systems and processes efficient and documented?
- Can your organisation run without you?
- Can you readily expand or sell the business?
- Is your quality control working?
The Bean Counter tracks the finances and profitability of the business. How healthy is your bottom line?
- Do you have a budget?
- Do you track your financial data?
- Do you regularly analyse your financials?
- Can you improve your profitability?
The Auntie looks after the people in the team (the ‘crew’ of the ship). A strong team can take you where you want to go.
- Is everyone on the ship working together?
- Does your team hold the same values?
- Are you all heading in the same direction?